We have a very active Parent Forum. Each year group has a representative on the Parent Forum, working as a link between the head teacher and all parents in the school. Parents will be notified of the themes that are being explored at the meetings through the fortnightly newsletter or the class representative.
The current members are:
- Year R vacancy and vacancy
- Year 1 vacancy and vacancy
- Year 2 vacancy and vacancy
- Year 3 Sam Lawton, Katherine Elphick and Laura Donlon
- Year 4 Holli Thomas and vacancy
- Year 5 Davinia Skinner and Jo Harris
- Year 6 Fiona Philip and Sonja Phipps
Matt Elliston – School Governor
If you would like to join the forum then please contact the office.
School Improvement Plan 2021 – 2022
The Parent Forum is a place for parents and the school to work together on projects linked to the School Improvement Plan. Please see below for the areas we are looking for ideas from parents for this academic year. Should you have any suggestions that you would like to be discussed at the forum, linked to the areas below, then please contact the representative for your year group via the school office or directly.
- To continue to raise attainment and progress in English across the school – particular focus on boys
- To further develop the curriculum in line with the new OFSTED Framework – focus on RSE, diversity and Cultural Capital
- To further embed subject leadership – linked to new curriculum developments and OFSTED Framework – focus on pedagogy
- To continue to improve further the rate of progress including gender imbalance, SEN and challenging the high attainers
- To embed assessment for learning (pupils’ owning their learning)
- To continue to develop our outside area, especially EYFS.
- Themed weeks, creative opportunities
- Buddies for new parents
- To further develop and reinstate home school links post COVID restrictions
- To improve attendance figures post COVID restrictions
- Further develop pupil voice to strengthen pupils’ emotional development.
- Further develop transition
- To continue to develop our after school clubs offer
- To make more explicit to parents our SEN provision, behaviour policy and pupil progress information/communication systems
- To develop our Mindfulness programme
EXAMPLES OF PAST PROJECTS linked to previous themes:
Developing our outside area
Library Club events – Father’s Day, Chinese New Year etc
Developed the School Menu
Introduction of a school tie for Year 6
World of work project
Ideas to develop our outside area, linked to our Vision Day
Second hand uniform stall
After school clubs including a ‘Relax Kids’, Gymnastics club, Cricket club, Language club, Tennis and Cookery club