We have a very active Parent Forum. Each year group has a representative on the Parent Forum, working as a link between the head teacher and all parents in the school. Parents will be notified of the themes that are being explored at the meetings through the fortnightly newsletter or the class representative.
The current members are:
- Year R vacancies
- Year 1 Helen Casson and Nienke Van de sande
- Year 2 Dan Carter and Katherine Elphick
- Year 3 Sarah Birch and Laura Donlon
- Year 4 Lucy Hill and Emma Waldock
- Year 5 Sonja Phipps and Sam Lawton
- Year 6 Kym Elliston and Jane Chetcuti
If you would like to join the forum then please contact the office.
School Improvement Plan 2017 – 2018
The Parent Forum is a place for parents and the school to work together on projects linked to the School Improvement Plan. Please see below for the areas we are looking for ideas from parents for this academic year. Should you have any suggestions that you would like to be discussed at the forum, linked to the areas below, then please contact the representative for your year group via the school office or directly.
- Raise attainment and progress in Writing across the school – particular focus on boys (including Phonics and Spelling)
- To improve further the rate of progress including gender imbalance, SEN and challenging the high attainers
- To embed assessment for learning
- To continue to develop our outside area.
- Further development of multicultural awareness within Community Cohesion – visitors (classes/assemblies)
- Pupil voice to strengthen pupils’ emotional development and introduce Mindfulness to the children .
- To develop our after school clubs offer
- To make more explicit to parents our transition arrangements
- To develop/review homework policy
- To develop electronic payment and parent evening systems
- Attendance – reduce the number of unauthorised absences
EXAMPLES OF PAST PROJECTS linked to previous themes:
Developing our outside area
Library Club events – Father’s Day, Chinese New Year etc
Developed the School Menu
Introduction of a school tie for Year 6
World of work project
Ideas to develop our outside area, linked to our Vision Day
Second hand uniform stall
After school clubs including a Gymnastics club, Cricket club, Language club, Tennis and Cookery club