We have a very active Parent Forum. Each year group has a representative on the Parent Forum, working as a link between the head teacher and all parents in the school. Parents will be notified of the themes that are being explored at the meetings through the fortnightly newsletter or the class representative.
The current members are:
- Year R vacancy and vacancy
- Year 1 Sam Lawton Katherine Elphick
- Year 2 Victoria Moore and Nienke Van de sande
- Year 3 Davinia Skinner and Elizabeth Warr
- Year 4 Fiona Phillip and Sonja Phipps
- Year 5 Sarah Birch and Laura Donlon
- Year 6 Lucy Hill and vacancy
Matt Elliston – School Governor
If you would like to join the forum then please contact the office.
School Improvement Plan 2019 – 2020
The Parent Forum is a place for parents and the school to work together on projects linked to the School Improvement Plan. Please see below for the areas we are looking for ideas from parents for this academic year. Should you have any suggestions that you would like to be discussed at the forum, linked to the areas below, then please contact the representative for your year group via the school office or directly.
- To continue to raise attainment and progress in writing across the school – particular focus on boys (including phonics and spelling)
- To continue to improve further the rate of progress including gender imbalance, SEN and challenging the high attainers
- To embed assessment for learning (pupils’ owning their learning)
- To continue to develop our outside area, especially EYFS.
- Further development of multicultural awareness within Community Cohesion – visitors (classes/assemblies)
- Further develop pupil voice to strengthen pupils’ emotional development.
- To continue to develop our after school clubs offer
- To make more explicit to parents our behaviour policy and pupil progress information/communication systems
- To extend our electronic payment system
- To renew our Enhance Healthy Schools Award
- To review and develop our curriculum in light of government changes
- Attendance – reduce the number of unauthorised absences
EXAMPLES OF PAST PROJECTS linked to previous themes:
Developing our outside area
Library Club events – Father’s Day, Chinese New Year etc
Developed the School Menu
Introduction of a school tie for Year 6
World of work project
Ideas to develop our outside area, linked to our Vision Day
Second hand uniform stall
After school clubs including a ‘Relax Kids’, Gymnastics club, Cricket club, Language club, Tennis and Cookery club