School Council 2019-2020
At the beginning of the new school year each class elected new school councillors Classes 1-6. Their pictures are on the school council board in the hall along with minutes of each meeting. The School Councillors in Years 3-6 will attend the Uttlesford School Council Conference on Thursday 3rd October. In the past councillors found the conference very useful and the event has provided them with lots of ideas as to how to develop our School Council. (See our vision statement and list of previous years achievements)
By working with the whole school community, the School Council will try to
- Improve our school
- Raise money for our school and other charities
- Help others
- Join in discussions and make decisions
- Feedback to Class Council and School Council meetings
- Make school a fun place to be
School Council Representatives
Year One – Tristan and Polly
Year Two – Ellie and Morgan
Year Three – Emma and George
Year Four – Alex and Olivia
Year Five – Amber and George
Year Six – Jude and Kitty
Secretary – Abigail
School Council Achievements 2019/20
- The KS2 school councillors went to the School Council conference at Henham School and developed ‘Our Vision’ statement.
- We asked each class who was their favourite author. JK Rowling and Roald Dahl were the winners.
- For Children in Need – we had a bring and buy sale and raised -£205.
- Each class sent a letter to Juliana in Ghana telling her about what each class was learning.
- We organised the annual Spring Fair and raised £420. at the Spring Fair.
- £180 was sent to Action Aid to sponsor Juliana for another year.
- The remaining money was donated to Comic Relief.
- Two Y3 boys organised a lunchtime chess club for KS2
- We wrote to our MP Kemi Badenoch inviting her to visit our school.
- On Friday 19th July we will be meeting our MP and ask her questions given by each class.
- This Year Clavering Primary School has raised £625 for good causes.