Heads of School 2021 – 2022
This year we have Heads of school consisting of a Head Boy, Head Girl, Deputy Head Girl and Deputy Head Boy. These children are school ambassadors from Year 6. Each half term they will attend meetings with the School Senior Leadership team to discuss our School Improvement Plan and any other ideas that we could put in place to enhance our provision.
Congratulations to –
Head Boy – Oskar
Head Girl – Olivia M
Deputy Head Girl – Martha
Deputy Head Boy – Woody
School Council 2021 – 2022
This academic year we are continuing with each class (Year 1 to 6) having two school council representatives per term. This will result in six children from each class having the opportunity to represent their class in the school year.
At Clavering we promote democracy and therefore children who choose to stand for school council have a free and fair electoral process.
By working with the whole school community, the School Council will try to
- Improve our school
- Raise money for our school and other charities
- Help others
- Join in discussions and make decisions
- Feedback to Class Council and School Council meetings
- Make school a fun place to be
School Council Representatives
The Autumn Councillors for 2021 are:
Year 1: Archie & Emily
Year 2: Eve & Dougray
Year 3: Darcey & Sebastian
Year 4: Ava & William
Year 5: Taylor & Louisa
Year 6: Barnaby & Olivia F
School Council Achievements
It has been a challenging year with lockdowns, but the school councillors still managed to raise awareness of different charities. For Children in Need – we wore our onesies for the day and joined the end of Joe Wicks’ 24-hour workout session and raised £267.07. We collected donations for the T4U shoebox appeal and managed to collect lots of essential items for children in several different countries. Sadly, our planned summer event to raise money for Action Aid to help sponsor Julianna in Ghana had to be postponed until the Autumn Term. The Summer Term councillors held a fantastic fundraising event on 1st October – Disco Fun Run – and raised over £300! Well done.
- The KS2 school councillors went to the School Council conference at Henham School and developed ‘Our Vision’ statement.
- We asked each class who was their favourite author. JK Rowling and Roald Dahl were the winners.
- For Children in Need – we had a bring and buy sale and raised -£205.
- Each class sent a letter to Juliana in Ghana telling her about what each class was learning.
- We organised the annual Spring Fair and raised £420. at the Spring Fair.
- £180 was sent to Action Aid to sponsor Juliana for another year.
- The remaining money was donated to Comic Relief.
- Two Y3 boys organised a lunchtime chess club for KS2
- We wrote to our MP Kemi Badenoch inviting her to visit our school.
- On Friday 19th July we will be meeting our MP and ask her questions given by each class.
- This Year Clavering Primary School has raised £625 for good causes.