School Council 2017-2018
At the beginning of the new school year each class elected new school councillors, Years 1-6. Their pictures are on the school council board in the hall along with minutes of each meeting. The School Councillors in Years 3-6 will attend the Uttlesford School Council Conference on Thursday 12th October. The councillors found the conference very useful last year and the event provided them with lots of ideas of how to develop our School Council. (See our vision statement that was produced after the event last year)
By working with the whole school community the School Council will try to
- Improve our school
- Raise money for our school and other charities
- Help others
- Join in discussions and make decisions
- Feedback to Class Council and School Council meetings
- Make school a fun place to be
School Council Representatives 2017 – 2018
Year One: Aurelia and Sidney
Year Two: Woody and Chloe
Year Three: Henry and Elizabeth
Year Four: Tilly and Jack
Year Five: Patrick and Maya
Year Six: Petra and Isabella
School Council Achievements 2016/17
- The KS2 school councillors went to the School Council conference at Henham School and developed ‘Our Vision’ statement from the work we did there.
- Members of the school council were representatives of the school at the village Remembrance service.
- Children in Need – we came to school dressed like a celebrity and raised £178.
- School Council Class Names – each class thought of a list of possible class names linked to the wildlife in the local area. Classes voted for their favourite name and now use these:
Reception – Acorn
Year 1 – Squirrel
Year 2 – Fox
Year 3 – Hedgehog
Year 4 – Red Kite
Year 5 – Badger
Year 6 – Owl
- We raised £480 at the Spring Fair.
- £180 was sent to Action Aid to sponsor Juliana for a year.
- The remaining money was donated to Comic Relief.
- Classes voted for their favourite summer menus.
- We asked each class for a wish list of possible new play equipment and asked them for their ideas for any further improvements.