School Council 2020-21
From this new school year (2020), each class (Year 1 to 6) will have two school council representatives per term. This will result in six children from each class having the opportunity to represent their class in an academic year.
At Clavering we promote democracy and therefore children who choose to stand for school council have a free and fair electoral process.
By working with the whole school community, the School Council will try to
- Improve our school
- Raise money for our school and other charities
- Help others
- Join in discussions and make decisions (remotely)
- Feedback to Class Council and School Council meetings
- Make school a fun place to be
Autumn Term School Council Representatives
Year 1: Kitty & Jake
Year 2: Ruby & George
Year 3: Tommy & Rosie-Ann
Year 4: Anna & Brian
Year 5: Beau & Maisie
Year 6: Elizabeth & Aiden
School Council Achievements 2019/20
- The KS2 school councillors went to the School Council conference at Henham School and developed ‘Our Vision’ statement.
- We asked each class who was their favourite author. JK Rowling and Roald Dahl were the winners.
- For Children in Need – we had a bring and buy sale and raised -£205.
- Each class sent a letter to Juliana in Ghana telling her about what each class was learning.
- We organised the annual Spring Fair and raised £420. at the Spring Fair.
- £180 was sent to Action Aid to sponsor Juliana for another year.
- The remaining money was donated to Comic Relief.
- Two Y3 boys organised a lunchtime chess club for KS2
- We wrote to our MP Kemi Badenoch inviting her to visit our school.
- On Friday 19th July we will be meeting our MP and ask her questions given by each class.
- This Year Clavering Primary School has raised £625 for good causes.