School Council 2016-2017
At the beginning of the new school year each class elected new school councillors, Years 1-6. Their pictures are on the school council board in the hall along with minutes of each meeting. The School Councillors in Years 3-6 will attend the Uttlesford School Council Conference on Thursday 13th October. The councillors found the conference very useful last year and the event provided them with lots of ideas of how to develop our School Council. (See our vision statement that was produced after the event last year)
By working with the whole school community the School Council will try to
- Improve our school
- Raise money for our school and other charities
- Help others
- Join in discussions and make decisions
- Feedback to Class Council and School Council meetings
- Make school a fun place to be
School Council Representatives 2016 – 2017
Year One: James and Chloe
Year Two: India and Max
Year Three: Abigail and Jude
Year Four: Teddy and Grace
Year Five: Georgie and Gianluca
Year Six: Millie and Imogen
School Council Achievements 2015/16
- The KS2 school councillors went to the School Council conference at Henham School and developed ‘Our Vision’ statement from the work we did there.
- Members of the school council were representatives of the school at the village Remembrance service. Y5 and Y6 pupils read out the names of the 24 men who died from our village at the service.
- We raised £78 for Macmillan Cancer Research by hosting a coffee morning.
- Children in Need – we came to school in our PJ’s and raised £175.
- School Council Fruit Competition to increase the number of children in KS2 who bring in fruit each day. Fruit points are now counted each day and in Friday assembly the results are read out. The class with the most points each term is awarded an afternoon of their choice.
- We raised over £420 at the Spring Fair.
- £180 was sent to Action Aid to sponsor Juliana for a year.
- The rest was spent on a new shed, seeds and gardening tools for the new allotments.
- Every class wrote a letter to the new Juliana telling her about our school.
- We asked each class their opinion about the new outdoor area and asked them for their ideas for any further improvements.